Monday, May 29, 2006

The Urge Deep Inside

That smile revealing the pearls,

That look in the eyes, revealing the innocence and truth,

The aura and the perfume air failed to mitigate,

I can’t sense it anymore.

 

The everyday willinglness to say it,

those attemps to muster the courage,

Courage, you said why?

‘Coz the innocence they say is divine,

and the feeling of win by happily failing everytime,

I can’t have that willingness anymore.

 

The dawn and dusk sharing the untold  grief,

Wanting to have that heavenly look, anytime, even for a brief,

your sensing of my feeling and ignoring it,

and my believing in ignorance is bliss.

That feeling of ecstasy on spotting you,

that telling of stories of liking you,

being sleepless with stars as your replacement,

I can’t feel it anymore.

 

Lord! I have a deep urge inside,

to say it, at last,

to relieve my heart,

to pacify the tide of emotion,

to satiate the evokation.

 

But with so many can’t anymores and no mores,

I have been asking myself,

is she the same, or is it for a change?

Is it to help me to forget,

or is it high time for thy ownself to introspect?

 

Theres a deep urge inside,

even if she sits forever by my side,

Will I be able to savor the pride?

Pride is lost, the feelings sold at dirt-cost,

Was I a fool? 

But now, to empty the immense emotional pool, Theres a Deep Urge inside !

 

Gursharan, 29th May, 2006, New Delhi.

 

 

 

 

 

3 comments:

Shivkumar said...

Lovely! I must say! But do I know the she you mention, let me think...

Anonymous said...

thats a beautiful piece really!
'your sensing of my feeling and ignoring it,' : thats pretty well captured.
'That feeling of ecstasy on spotting you' wow, i believing u were living those words while writing. no, really! as i myself have tried penning verses time & again, i acknowledge the emotional excercise(or rather relaxation if u permit) that goes on into coming up something like these especially these two lines which are so original. the only critique is that u could have done better with the last part(where u talk about pride being lost). cheers!

Anonymous said...

thats a beautiful piece really!
'your sensing of my feeling and ignoring it,' : thats pretty well captured.
'That feeling of ecstasy on spotting you' wow, i believing u were living those words while writing. no, really! as i myself have tried penning verses time & again, i acknowledge the emotional excercise(or rather relaxation if u permit) that goes on into coming up something like these especially these two lines which are so original. the only critique is that u could have done better with the last part(where u talk about pride being lost). cheers!
--its aman rathi here.